There is a fantastic tutorial for this idea on BNOTP, but I will attempt to sum it up here too.
- Choose 2 patterns of wired-edge ribbon.
- Cut 4 strips (approx. 50" each) from each pattern ribbon. You will have a total of 8 strips of ribbon.
- The original tutorial calls for a fall-looking napkin ring that you will attach to the stem of the pumpkin. I did not have said napkin ring (of course) so I improvised with cutting the stem and leaves off of a spring-looking daisy that I salvaged from an earlier craft. I twisted the ends together to form a make-shift napkin ring.
- Lay one strip of ribbon on the table and set your pumpkin on the center.
- Pull the ribbon through the napkin ring on either side of the pumpkin. I could only use 4 ribbons total. My pumpkin must be a lot smaller than the one used in the original tutorial.
- Once all the ribbon is pulled through, cut off the excess so that what you're left with is appropriate for your size pumpkin.
- Shape the tail ends of the ribbon.
- Set out on your porch and admire :)