Monday, November 14, 2011
Saturday, November 5, 2011
There is a fantastic tutorial for this idea on BNOTP, but I will attempt to sum it up here too.
- Choose 2 patterns of wired-edge ribbon.
- Cut 4 strips (approx. 50" each) from each pattern ribbon. You will have a total of 8 strips of ribbon.
- The original tutorial calls for a fall-looking napkin ring that you will attach to the stem of the pumpkin. I did not have said napkin ring (of course) so I improvised with cutting the stem and leaves off of a spring-looking daisy that I salvaged from an earlier craft. I twisted the ends together to form a make-shift napkin ring.
- Lay one strip of ribbon on the table and set your pumpkin on the center.
- Pull the ribbon through the napkin ring on either side of the pumpkin. I could only use 4 ribbons total. My pumpkin must be a lot smaller than the one used in the original tutorial.
- Once all the ribbon is pulled through, cut off the excess so that what you're left with is appropriate for your size pumpkin.
- Shape the tail ends of the ribbon.
- Set out on your porch and admire :)
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
It has been a long time since I've posted anything on my blog. Our move to Bluefield, Virginia slowed things down somewhat. We are living in temporary housing on the campus of Bluefield College and the internet is not working in our cottage as of yet. Bummer. We are extremely grateful for the housing though. I have crafted some things even though our digs are on the smaller side and I don't have all of my crafting supplies here. If only I could figure out how to upload the pics! Stay tuned.....
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Saturday, May 21, 2011
I don;t actually need help with the moving part. I just need help with the "coming to grips with the fact I'm moving" part! You see, after 18 years of serving in the same church in Columbia, Maryland, we are heading to Bluefield, Virginia to start a church on the campus of Bluefield College. Not sure if you know a lot about Columbia, Maryland or Bluefield, Virginia but they are radically different places to live. Columbia is a planned community which means every detail was thought of when this city was started. Bluefield, well.....not so much. It's a beautiful place with beautiful people but not a "planned" community. Enough said. This whole situation reminds me
a little a tremendous amount of the TV show, Green Acres. We will be that fish out of water scenario for sure :) I thought a great way to help me transition, would be to create a new blog, in addition to this craft blog, that would document my occasional daily comedic episodes of my life in Bluefield. Here's where I need the help. I really want the theme of this new blog to be centered around the fact that what I expect my life to be there doesn't actually match up to reality. I need blog title ideas. Something along the lines of "My life is an Oxymoron" or something like that. I just don't want it to appear that I am slamming Bluefield. Nothing could be further from the truth. I love that town and I can't wait to begin our new lives there. Send me your ideas of new blog titles please:)
Monday, May 2, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
I once saw a great idea for a graduation party using map inspired scrapbook paper. Of course, true to my Project + 4 style, now that I actually need that idea, I can't find it ANYWHERE! I need help:) Please send any photos, links, etc. that you think might fit this concept.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
Saturday, February 26, 2011
- I love this one. Taken in New Orleans last week. Ignore the date on the pic, I don't know how to change the time on my camera! lol
- I titled this post "One More Try" because I've been having trouble uploading pics from my phone and I'm trying a new way.
- If it didn't take me 4 extra steps to upload photos, then I'd have to change the title of my blog! lol
Friday, February 25, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
I know it's been a little while since I have posted anything but I'm having trouble importing pictures into my blog. Ever since I switched from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome, I can no longer put pics on my blog. Is that just a coincidence or is there a connection? Someone out there in blogland must know the answer :)
Monday, February 7, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
I've just been given the gift of an unexpected snow day with the possibility of another snow day tomorrow! Honestly, I can hardly contain my excitement. I am such a kid still :) I have seen some terrific Valentine crafts in the blog world lately so I am eager to begin. First things first though... a lunch date with a favorite friend! Stay tuned, because when I get back from lunch, the fabric, hot glue, scissors, frames, scrapbook paper, etc. are going to go flying! Ok, maybe not the scissors. Might not be a good idea!
Friday, January 14, 2011
Alas, it is true. No crafting this weekend because we will be skiing and I can't cart all my craft projects to the ski resort now that I drive a Mini Cooper. No room for suitcases AND paper trimmer, glitter, scrapbook paper, cricut, ribbon, hole punch, adhesive, stamps, etc. ! So, I will have to be content with skiis and my book that I am currently reading, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. Amazing so far :) Will post pics of the ski slopes if we have reception on the mountain.